Paris tours


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 25th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 25 July 2009.
Waking up very early, still haven’t acclimatized to the new time zone.

Decided to turn our walking tour into a bus tour using Paris L’Open Tour, a hop-on hop-off system with three routes to cover the major sites. You get a great perspective from being up high and generates some great photos. Paris’ weather is a bit fickle, cold during the morning but by the afternoon (5pm) the stun is full blaze and we scampered down below. Still do a lot of walking in between.

Got around to see most of the postcard sites, Opera, Moulin Rouge and the cabarets, Sacre Coeur, Place de la Republic, Eiffel Tower, Hotel Invalides, Arc de Triomphe and the list goes on.

Had lunch in one of those side walk cafes with the wicker chairs just to sit back and watch the people passing. Couldn’t help but notice that the French are all generally thin - must be the snails because I’m sure all the pastries, cheese and wine can’t be good - unless they are onto something!! Had my first Perrier (started drinking the wine on the afternoon we arrived).

St Germain is where all the high fashion shops are, we’re off there tomorrow afternoon.
We did get to take some time out and just lay on the grass at the foot of the Eiffel Tower to watch the clouds go by, a dream of Tess’ finally satisfied.

Decided it was Saturday night so we should get dressed up for a ‘promenade’ and dinner. Turns out that in the height of summer the Parisians don’t seem to do that so much - I’m sure we were the best dressed on the night - who would have figured.

Everywhere we look, everything is beautiful. Seems as though every building is covered in ornate detail and the way the French royalty splashed money around it’s no wonder the people revolved.

Thanks for the replies we are getting back on the blog, some show up as ‘anonymous’, I don’t know what causes that so we’d love it if you put your names down in the reply.

Sunday is the Tour de France Finale for me and the Louvre for Tess. Weather has been fantastic, getting warmer at the moment so I've spent today in shorts.

Au revoir
Al and Tess



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Sacre CoeurSacre Coeur
Sacre Coeur

"But I am pointing it at the two of us..."
Sacre Coeur - properly this imeSacre Coeur - properly this ime
Sacre Coeur - properly this ime

Thanks to another helpful tourist
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

From our grassy spot
My first PerrierMy first Perrier
My first Perrier

it looks better than just plain old tap water.
Notre DamNotre Dam
Notre Dam

In sunny skies


26th July 2009

AALL LOOKS GREAT WANT TO ASK A MILLION QUESTIONS, BUT WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HOME. THANKS FOR THE BLOG ITS GREAT.
26th July 2009

Tres Bon!
Hi Alan, Helen Lucas from cycling group here, fabulous blog, dead jealous, we will have a good bitch about you on our Tuesday morning river loop but secretly wish it was us! Cheers, H
27th July 2009

Hey I think you should do this travel blog for the day to day of life. We are seeing so much more of you! Give Lisa a smile for us at the Louvre, Love the Stuarts
28th July 2009

Hello
Good to see updates and you two are having a great time, I assume you enjoyed the end to the toure De Franca sitting up their like a king tried to look for you but to no avail. Don't forget my surprise on your return. Keep having fun and sending updates. Noel

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb