Paris via Bus Rouge


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 24th 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We began the day by shopping for pastries in a local Patisserie and shopping at a local Supermarche.
After eating we went out and climbed the 264 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe with 360 degree views of Paris.

Next we hopped aboard a Red Bus (Bus Rouge) that allows hopping on and off as much as you want anywhere along the route. This afforded the chance to get to Cathedral Notre Dame and the Louvre all in one day as well as ample opportunities to stroll the banks of the Seine and dine as we wished.

Dinner last night was late and right on the Champs Elysee.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Croque Monsieur pour deux Croque Monsieur pour deux
Croque Monsieur pour deux

At cafe across the street from Notre Dame as the heavens were emptying outside.
Venus de MiloVenus de Milo
Venus de Milo

In a temporary location within the Louvre as work is done on it's usual residence.
ND Cathedral 2ND Cathedral 2
ND Cathedral 2

Having tickled their mother effectively, I gather evidence before yelling for le gendarme.
ND Cathedral 9ND Cathedral 9
ND Cathedral 9

A view from the rear of Notre Dame. As I took this, a jazz quartet, and a very good one at that, was playing a free concert for people reading books under trees in this park. Rain was imminent.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb