Day 2 in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 21st 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower

You probably know what it looks like from afar - here it is from underneath
Yesterday I mentioned that the basilica at Sacre Coeur was the second highest point in Paris. Today we saw the highest - the Eiffel Tower. The queues were so long that see didn't go up to the top so we were content just to look from several vantage points on the ground.
At La Musee D'Orsay, Ralph and I saw the largest collection of Impressionist art imaginable. Rooms filled with Degas, Monet, Seurrat, Manet, Pissarro, Lautrec, Renoir, Gauguin and my favorite, Vincent Van Gogh. I think I filled up the memory of our digital camera. Amazing!
We then took a relaxing boat ride down the Seine which was a great way to see the sights of Paris from a whole new perspective.
So we have one more day to look around - maybe the Louvre, maybe not. Shopping here has been a disappointment....either "I heart Paris" tee shirts and plastic Eiffel Towers, or shirts costing over 200 euros on the Champs-Elysees. Not much in between.
We have seen a few tourist groups on Segues and with that, I'll segue to a close and bid you adieu!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The D'Orsay MuseumThe D'Orsay Museum
The D'Orsay Museum

Originally a train station, it now houses the largest collection of Impressionist art in the world.
Seine River CruiseSeine River Cruise
Seine River Cruise

View of Notre Dame Cathedral from the east on the River Seine


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb