Parc Asterix


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 29th 2008
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed off to parc Asterix for the day. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to get to the park as it usually closes in October for the winter, but for the last couple of years they have just opened for two weeks over the Christmas/New Year period, so we got to go along (with a bunch of karaoke-singing teenyboppers on the bus, thats a whole different story). However a lot of the rides were closed because of the ice on the tracks, and it was cold. However, this didnt dampen our enthusiasm and we still managed to have fun. While Tesni and i were waiting in line for our first roller coaster, they had a 'technical incident' and we had to wait about 10 minutes while they got things up and running again, which was confidence-inspiring (i think the roller coaster was nearly as old as i am). It was a good ride though, even if we did nearly get whiplash at the end. The park was more focused on thrill roller coasters than themed roller coasters like Disneyland, so were more like the good old-fashioned throw-you-around types. We wandered around and went on a few rides (while mum warmed up next to the braziers they had dotted around the place), and then Tesni dragged us along to the dolphin show, which was very impressive (and was funny watching everyone using tissues to wipe the ice off the benches so they didnt get their designer jeans wet). Then more rides for a while, then off the Asterix on Ice, which was pretty funny as well. Then off to lunch (we had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge lunch, and managed to eat it all so obviously we had used up a lot of energy), and we had managed to miss the crowds so it took us less than 45 minutes to get lunch, unlike some other poor people earlier in the day. A couple more rides, and a visit to the Gaul's village (which was very well set up, and where we got ripped off having photos taken with Asterix and Obelix) and a bit of shopping (which i was a little disappointed in, didnt end up buying anything) and then it was off home to put our feet up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb