Travelling Doesn't Always Work Out So Well


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 25th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Revised Travel Route

December 23 - Leave Port AlberniDecember 24 - Leave Campbell RiverDecember 25 - Leave VancouverDecember 26 - Arrive Athens

Today we (Ray, Lauretta, Nick and I) left snowy Vancouver on a 9am flight to Seattle. From there we caught a plane to Amsterdam, but it left about 2 hours late! For some reason, there were some logistical problems loading the plane. People didn't have boarding passes or seat assignments so many people had to be processed at the gate. When they finally got everyone on the plane and set off for the runway, the plane was already an hour late. Just as we arrived at the runway, the plane turned around and the captain announced that we were heading back to the gate because there one passenger did not get on the plane, but there bag did. So, back to the gate we went to unload the bag. Of course, once we got the bag off, the plane had to be de-iced. So, by the time we got out of Seattle, we were two hours late.

Because of all the havoc in Seattle, we missed our connection in Amsterdam. The airport there is really nice and the airlines seem to be organized though, so when we got into Amsterdam we just checked in at a kiosk and the computer told us we would not make our connecting flight, but it was going to reroute us through Paris.

So, here we sit in Charles de Gaul Airport in Paris after being rerouted from Amsterdam. Our flight departs for Athens shortly. We are all tired after a long Christmas Day of travelling, but we are super excited about seeing Jay and Alex for the first time in six months!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb