Musee D'Orsay and the Louvre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday, Robert and Kathy went back to the Consulate to get a new passport. All went well until Kathy was called back up to the window and was informed the "machine" was broken and since her departure was not imminent, could she come back on Wed. Not wanting to piss off the Gov't, we agreed. She also asked the name of Kathy's stepson, which totally threw her for a loop, until she finally remembered she had one.

Off to lunch again Robert and Kathy went. Flush from her victory in going to the top of the Eiffel Tower, Kathy ordered "andouillette" for lunch - must be sausage. Well, in the words of the waiter, the sausage consists of "piggy" parts - no grinding up - literally, the parts. Kathy could not eat it at all. Good thing it came with pommes frites or she would have starved.

Robert and Kathy went off to the Musee D'Orsay, which holds art work from the late 19th century until the early 20th century, most prominently the Impressionests and boy, was Kathy impressed.

We then went to the Marais section of Paris for drinks and then bed - way tired of all this walking!!!

On Wednesday, back to the consulate. The head security guide greeted us like a long lost friend and it was minutes before Kathy had her new passport (bra strap showing in picture). Then, it was off to the Louvre for 5 1/2 hours of beauty. Robert and Kathy like to eavesdrop, particularly on Americans who don't think anyone speaks english and one guy proudly announced he did the Louvre in 1 1/2 hours. He must have run in, saw the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo, and run out. The museum is huge and to simply enjoy the works that you do like takes a lot more than 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy the pics!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb