We will always have Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 26th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived! Paris. The City of Lights.

Robert and Kathy left Dijon on a fast train to Paris this morning. Upon our arrival, Robert manuvered us on to the metro, where we made our way to the Hotel Royal Saint Michel, in the Latin Quarter, right around the corner from Notre Dame. Unfortunately, our luggage could not come with us on the elevator as there was barely room for Robert and Kathy. A new camera was purchased - there is no way we can go thru Paris without documenting our travels. After lunch at a sidewalk cafe, we hopped on the metro for the American Express office so Kathy could get her replacement American Express cheques. One task easily accomplished - hope the trip to the Embassy on Monday is just as easy. Went back and walked around Notre Dame. Did you know that the term "gargoyles" is a reference to the fact that their purpose was to drain the water away and thus they "gargled"? Who knew?

We have a dinner cruise tonight on the Seine, which should be especially beautiful because the City of Paris has instituted something called "Paris Plagues". They have set up palm trees, showers, and encouraged everyone to treat the sides of the Seine as a beach.

Au Revoir a demain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



27th July 2008

Bonjour!!!
I hope you are both enjoying Paris. You have to check out the Luxembourg Gardens...such beautiful statues and flowers (it is also close to where you are staying). Have you had any crepes yet? Also, if you are awake past sundown...the Eifel Tower has a beautiful evening light show the first ten minutes of over hour. Check it out. My favorite part of the city was just riding the Metro...everyone is so well dressed! Enjoy my favoorite European City!! I wish I could be there with you!
28th July 2008

What a journey!
We had internet issues last week and where not able to see the last 6 days. In stead of looking at the blog everyday, this forced us to see a weeks worth at one time. It is amazing to see what you guys have done in six days. Interlaken is beautiful. Enjoy Paris and we can not wait to see you guys and hear of your adventures. Au revoir.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb