Paris at last but not least


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 24th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Matt - Hey yall, We are in Paris and on a QWERTY keyboard. Isn't that ironic! We landed tuesday morning from Joburg and hit the ground running. Vance found a laundromat while I took Rush up to Sacre Cour. We are staying in Montmartre. Everything is either up or down. Lots of stairs and our legs are in good shape now. Paris is just as expensive as London so we are looking forward to getting home where prices are much better. Better bring your big cash if you plan on visiting Europe this year. Simple lunch is 12 - 15 US. Coffee 6 US Coke 4 -7 US. !!! After vance got our clothes clean we went to Notre Dame. Rush said he would never find his bible class in that church! then to The Eiffell tower. Got there just before sunset and the top was temporarily closed so we sat in the grass watched the sun go down and the tower light up blue. This tower is a lot bigger than it looks! Wed morn we prepared a picnic lunch and went to the Louvre. We had to laugh because the Egyptian section was the most crowded and it had a fraction of the Egyptian museum. We said "been there done that" and headed to less crowded areas. I was here in '86 and thought this would be repeat. Boy was I wrong. They have completely redone the whole thing. Very user friendly and even has bathrooms now! Yes, in '86 it was almost impossible to p at the Louvre! After we saw a fraction of the Louvre we sat in the grass out front had some lunch and then went back in for more. All of you who advised us on how long Rush could handle the Louvre....You were all wrong! He loved it. We headed back to the Eiffell via the Arc de Triumph and made it to the top this time. Lots of long lines but well worth it. Came back to Montmartre and sat in a square at a great Crepperie and had dinner. Went back to the Sacre Cour and took pics of the city lights at night. Today we found a great park for Rush to run around in and the a pilgrimage to Jim Morrisons grave. Yep, hes 6 feet down. We can't wait ti get home. Catching the train to london tonite and a morning flight to DFW. Will be back in the motherland friday evening the 25th. Thanks for keeping up with us. I will post lots more pictures when I get home and post a final blog there.

From Rush - We have had a long trip and we are finally going home. It has been awesome! We went to the top of the Eiffell tower yesterday and went to the Louvre. We went into the Arc de Triumph. We also went to Notre Dame and saw lots of gargoyles. We also saw the Eiffell tower light up at 10 o'clock. This place instead of called the city of lights should be called the city of dogs! We have seen kids with dogs, adults with dogs and teenagers with dogs. There are so many bikes that I can't even estimate the amount of bikes they have here. We leave i a few hours. BYE !!!!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The LouvreThe Louvre
The Louvre

From inside the glass pyramid looking out
Hotel des InvalidesHotel des Invalides
Hotel des Invalides

From top of Eiffel Tower
Jim Morrisons resting placeJim Morrisons resting place
Jim Morrisons resting place

Cemetery Pere Lachaise - section 6


24th July 2008

Good to hear from you again!
LOVED getting the photos. Glad you are on your way home. Will see you SOON....... I'm so proud of all of you! Mom
24th July 2008

counting down the hours
The pics are awesome. I think my boy has grown 3 inches, at least the tower didn't look so big next to him. Jett and I are here counting down the hours to leave for the big D and meet the other Long boys!!!! Can't wait. We love you, Willie and Jett
25th July 2008

Pictures
Loved seeing the picutures. Can't wait to see the others. Great trip and memories for a life time. Know the family is anxious to visit with yall. Connie was in my office and I know what is excited.
25th July 2008

Welcome Home
Welcome home boys! your trip sounds wonderful!! A once in a lifetime thing!! So glad you could enjoy it together. A trip like this really makes you appreciate where you plant your feet and call home doesn't it? The Good Old USA!! Thanks for letting us all travel along with you. Hope to see you all soon! Ramona
26th July 2008

Thanks for the ride! :-D
Guys -- I have looked forward to and enjoyed all of your blogs - what a fantastic journey you all have had! I am very glad you have not needed any medication (I assume?), or suffered any serious illness or injury along the way. Thank you for all your efforts in sharing ... not easy to do at the end of so many weary days of travel and excitement, yet worth so much to those of us travelers at heart, living vicariously through you Long fellows. Godspeed on your journey home, and I am looking forward to an evening of hearing the personal recap, and seeing the rest of the photos! -- Dr. B
28th July 2008

We sure enjoyed the travelling with you guys.
We loved the safari pictures! Thanks for taking us everywhere with you guys and letting us feel the experience you guys had on your travels to each destination. We enjoyed the stories and education parts very much!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb