Paris comes to an end


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 19th 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's now monday when im writing this but i dated it Saturday as i have quite a bit of catching up to do!

on Friday we wnet to the musee d'orsay which is by far my fav. musuem in paris. the paintings there are much more to mz liking and its so much more mangable. we got in for free again! yey! and i made sure to take time to look at every differnet painting and found many by famous artists that id never seen before to be really amazing. i esp liked monets snow paintings which it turns out are actually quite famous. i just didnt know!!

after the musuem we went and sat in the jardin des tuileries and ate bagettes and cheese and felt very french and lovely. it was a really pleasant afternoon. we then went grocery shopping and headed back to teh apartment. from there we had a nice nap and then got ready to go out!!

we headed for this one club which when we got there did not exist anymore and so we went on a little walk and found REX club which it turns out was playing a famous dj from london. it was all eletronica but it was really fab and great dancing. it cost 15 euros to get in!! but in the end it was totally worth it. it was a really fun night...

the next monring we slept in as we didnt get to bed utnil about 4 30 and then we headed off to visit the hotel d'invalides. Napoleons tomb was rather silly looking really and so over the top...def napoloen style hehe. the rest of the museum was a history of the World Wars which was reallz depressing and then a couple of rooms of armor which got a little repeataive. from there we gave away our presious money to the internet man for just 10 min for a euro!! then i had to get an envelope sent to our friends in paris and thought that they were delivering it to us but NO! so then i had to runa dn take the subway to their apartment and run run run to get it because they had to go out. i made it and then headed back to meet tat. we walked to the jardin des luxemborgs and wrote in our journals for a bit which was gorgeous.

after we went to les deux magots and had a wonderful treat, a 7 euro hot chocolate which was def top 3!! then we headed home and had a major clear up at the apartment and spent a relaxing night in with some chocolate and yummy tuna pizza bread!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb