Paris delights


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have just left Paris and still had the sunshine with us, our best holiday ever for sunshine. We loved Paris - how can you not. It was so good to go back this time and share it with someone. Last time, I was on my own and it was hard not being able to share all the amazing sights with someone.

We did a Fat Tyres Bike Tour of Versailles Chateau. Interesting having to get about 30 bikes on an already full train but we just had to barge on in and squeeze amongst the groaning tourists all travelling to Versailles on a Sunday morning. Versailles is so over the top of all the chateaus we saw. It is not surprising the people uprose and protested at the expense it was costing the country making them all starve whilst the royalty lived in luxury. Poor old Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette paid with their lives for the elaborate overspending of the past Louis' XIV and XV running the country poor building Versailles. It was great to see it but it was just so busy it was hard to really enjoy looking through the Chateau. Also a shame we never got inside Marie Antoinettes little Hamlet she built for herself.

We did a fantastic sightseeing tour with the Hop on Hop off open air buses the next day gaining these beautiful photos of Paris.

Now we are in London with my cousin, looking forward to seeing the major sights there before heading off to Oz to get the kids and head home. Take care everyone, here's the latest photos ...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb