French Restaurant Fun


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 20th 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Seems everyone has a bad French restaurant experience and I have one now too. Didnt do much during the day, was feeling a bit over it, so hung out and chatted with other people then went and did some washing. The rest of them came back about 6pm and we had a couple of drinks then headed off into town to go to dinner at about 8pm, deciding somewhere in the Latin quarter.

Got out from the Metro and picked a restaurant close by, James using his French that he was practising on everyone and getting pretty good with. Some of the girls had eaten and didnt want anything, the rest of us took the meal deal of entree, main and dessert.

Got our drinks fine, then had a bit of a shuffle as a group of 12 moved in next to us. We waited and waited for our food, then noticed the table of 12 had gotten their entrees and were eating their mains now and we were still waiting for our entrees. Matt asked for some bread again and James asked the waiter what was going on as it had been an hour since we ordered and they just slapped down what they were carrying, which for me was the correct entree but not for others.

And again Matt asked for his bread. And it didnt come lol. Now some other old guy was over and arguing with James and next thing its getting a bit heated. We had had enough and Matt threw down €50 to more than cover the drinks and we got up and left.

As we got to the other side of the road the guy grabbed James by the arm saying "you pay now or we will call the police", so they marched back to the table and pointed to the €50. I didnt quite hear what was going on now but James was into it, he was loving using his French lol. And plenty of other people were hearing about it as we were in an outdoor eating area, not just our restaurant but ones surrounding.

Some more arguing was going on inside about totals, I didnt really understand but in the end we walked away hungry and annoyed. Turned out Matt had taken back the €50 somewhere in the episode so the restaurant got nothing out of us.

Back on the train to the hostel and then grabbed a kebab around the corner... probably shouldve just gone there to start with lol

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb