Crap Sellers Not Just In Rome


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 17th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Brugge to Paris


Seems there are a lot of illegals in Paris as well selling, well attempting to sell, crap to tourists just like in Rome. This time it is stupid little Eiffel Towers, some even light up. But the same mode of operation, 20 guys all walking around or with blankets down on the ground in close to each other near the Eiffel Tower. Some try to sell you bottles of wine to have with a picnic I guess. And they are still selling those wind-up bird things with the rubber band powering the flapping wings that Dad about back in 1984!!

Got here around 2pm, checked in then went on a walking tour around most of the central things at 4pm. Was a general one and was pretty good. Guide was impressed by my confidence crossing the road, telling others to follow my example. I told her I started my trip in Rome and she understood why. Checked out the Champs Elysse, Arc and Eiffel Tower afterwards, climbed up to the second level after dark - but didnt go all the way to the top as you have catch the lift and the line was stupidly long.

Bit more wandering around the second day, checked out the catacombs before jumping in a French Revolution walking tour, then doing some more wandering around and taking photos, finding a few things just by accident. Finished up checking out the Grand Arch as the sun went down.

Think tomorrow I will go to Versailles and Chartres, getting a bit over Paris already. I think it might just be over hearing French *shrug*

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb