loving paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today has been the best day so far!

We slept in a little today and then went to breakfast downstairs. After breakfast, we walked over to see Saint Chappelle. The line was pretty long and we waited about 30 minutes. Right when we walked inside, though, we witnessed a little show. A woman was trying to tame her three young sons and while she wasn’t looking, her youngest (probably about 2 years old) dropped his pants and began to urinate… on the side of the church… everywhere. And we were lucky enough to see it all! It was really funny… especially when she realized what he was doing!

Anyway, once we climbed up a flight of very narrow spiral stairs, we were able to see all of the stained glass windows and they were AMAZING. We stayed there for about 30 minutes taking pictures and trying to locate certain scenes in the stained glass that our book talked about. We were again able to get some really great pictures… the zoom on mom’s camera is sooo good, so we were pretty excited about that.

Right after leaving Saint Chappelle we wondered over to a bird market that was going on down a closed street. It was unlike anything we have ever seen! There were so many different species of birds that were in cages being sold. My favorite was a bright orange parakeet-type bird that I had never seen before. Other animals were being sold too like hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, and even goldfish. The bunnies were sooooo cute, one in particular that was gray and white. I wanted to buy it but mom vetoed that pretty fast. As we walked down the street, the bird market became a flower market with lots of gardening supplies and flowers. We bought some packets of seeds to plant back at our home in Greensboro.

After we left there, we walked over to Notre Dame. There were tons of gypsies walking around trying to sell us little statues of the Eiffel Tower. The gypsies have been at all the big touristy monuments so we have seen these statues everywhere since we have been here…. However, this one particular gypsy had an Eiffel Tower that lit up with different neon colors. Being extremely impressed, I was ready to buy it…. However, mom wasn’t as easily amused….. long story short, we left without an Eiffel Tower statue. Shut down again.

We then decided to catch a taxi to the Arc de Triumphe. The drivers are still having a hard time understanding mom… it actually has become quite funny. It is killing her that she can’t get it right!!! Once at the Arc, we happened to meet some Australian men in their twenties. One approached me and started smiling for a picture without clueing me in…. it was awkward. Then mom tried to talk basketball with them…. I don’t think anyone knew what they were talking about.

Since we hadn’t eaten since breakfast, we went to a little café called Laduree. We got the BEST club sandwiches with chicken and hard boiled eggs (my fav) and mom also got an éclair. Our waiter was cute but we couldn’t tell if he liked us or not. At one point I saw him talking to another waiter, pointing at us, and then saw him busting out in laughter….sooo not too sure what that means.

Finally we are back at the hotel resting before we go out tonight to see the city all lit up! It is our last night in Paris… we are sad. But not too sad because we are FINALLY going shopping tomorrow.

Oh yeah, we saw some more dogs today. A black miniature poodle that was really pretty and THE CUTEST little puppies that a homeless man was selling. I am not sure what kind of dogs they were but there was a black one, a white one, and an apricot one. They were so fluffy and playful!
Wish we were staying here longer! But Firenze is coming up fast!!! Yay.
age



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb