Day 60 – Saturday, November 10, 2007


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 10th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 60 - Saturday, November 10, 2007
This morning we saw some of the art shops of Montmarte as we made our way to the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart) which is on top of a hill and offered gorgeous views of the city (except it was a bit overcast today and not quite as clear.) We worked our way down to the city and stopped at the Laffayette Galleries which was a HUGE department store. And I mean huge! One block was a building that held women’s departments and perfume and stuff, the next block was the Men’s and children side, and another building was the Home side. The main building was 6 stories tall and had a huge atrium with by far the biggest Christmas tree I’ve ever seen! After that we went over to the Musee d’Orsay to see the Impressionist exhibit there. I got to see a ton of Renoir’s and Monet’s so that was cool. Afterwards we had dinner at a small restaurant and then worked our way to the Cathedrale Notre-Dame. It was too late to go in it (we lost track of time) but it was cool to see all lit up at night. We then stopped by the Centre National d’Art et de Culture Georges Pompidou (Pompidou Center) which was neat to see first hand because we had heard so much about it in architecture classes. We then worked our way back towards Montemarte. We wanted to see Sacre-Coeur at night and then realized we were very close to the Bal du Moulin Rouge so we daringly went towards the red-light district. Interesting. We headed home and were completely exhausted by the time we got there.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb