Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 28th 2007
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

No more English!! Paris, France

We're scared, because English probably won't be well received. Example; "We'd love a pizza fromage y vino tinto, please." "Eh? Stoo-pid Americahns!"

We were only in Paris for 36 hours and although the city is amazingly beautiful and romantic, we were there the perfect amount of time. The evening we arrived we went to dinner and were made fun of by local French people for our attempt at speaking French. Oh well. We had great pizza, salad and wine and walked to view the Sacre Coeur at the top of the hill (Thanks, Guy T for this one). We had an amazing view of the city lights and a full moon to go along with it. A beautiful night.

The next day we headed to the Arce de Triumph and the Champs De Elysees. The Arce de Triumph is beautiful. The detail on the sculptures is incredible. KT took too many pictures. We also visited Notre Dame which to me is the most beautiful church we have seen on this trip. The Eiffle Tower was also very cool but we did not go up in it because the que was a mile long. We had lunch in the Latin Quarter and bought tickets for the Louvre the next day. We had pizza, wine and salad again at a quaint restaurant on the Champs De Elysee. It was a long day with lots of walking.

The Louvre was obviously magnificient, but we did not have enough time to see it all (understatement here). We of course, saw the Mona Lisa. It was quite an odd experience. SO many people gathered around this one small painting that is behind glass and everyone is pushing each other to get a picture and there are all these other amazing pieces of art in the same building. Quite an experience. We headed out of Paris to catch a train to Biarittz in the south of France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb