Paris and Reims


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 6th 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After an early morning flight out of Nice, we made it to Paris safe and sound. Friday afternoon was a bike tour of the city for Chris, Kathy and Beth. We all got together Friday night at Ross and Steph’s favorite Paris restaurant Le Petit Pontoise. While the food remains top notch it was interesting how English-friendly the place has become since our last visit in 2002 (it has since been written up in a major American newspaper.) We highly recommend this to anyone with a night out in Paris.

Saturday took us to Reims (aka Champagne country) via a high speed train. Ross’ poor navigation in a city much larger than expected led us through a nice walking tour of the town. We finally pointed ourselves in the right direction and visited Veuve Cliquot for a great cellar tour. The tour was in English and reservations were necessary. Very interesting to learn exactly what goes into the process of champagne production.

Ross and Steph took off from Paris back to Austin Sunday morning via a day in NYC. The rest of the gang returns Tuesday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb