Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 26th 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Most of my life I dreamt about Paris being the most fashionable, classy, beautiful, and memorable city in the world. My vision of Europe was PARIS! But, when I went there for the first time back in 2002, I was somehow disappointed and the only explanation I can figure out is that my expectations were way too high, or that I was not ready to “meet” Paris.

Having been there a few times now in the company of my French born husband made me appreciate Paris a lot more. You can never have enough of visiting Paris.

This time, Erik and I had the perfect time. The whole setting was great. On the first day we visited Musee D’orsay and had the unique experience of visiting the “De Cezzane a Picasso” exhibition. It was amazing, but we were not allowed to take photos there. I truly liked the Museum and found it more “friendly user” than the Louvre itself.

On that same day we went for a stroll along the Seine enjoying the pleasant sunshine and the scenery.

On day two, we woke up very enthusiastic to hire one of the new bicycles available for rent everywhere
ErikErikErik

French Gato
in Paris, but unfortunately we didn’t manage to understand how the rental system worked, and we sadly gave up. Later we found out that it is really simple, and the only thing we needed was a credit card. We could have rented the bike in one place and left it at somewhere else, then picking up another one somewhere else, and so on. It seems that everyone, from locals to tourists loved this great and environmentally friendly invention called “Velib”.

Our plan B was then to have a walk around and meet some friends for lunch, who took us to a truly French restaurant very close to the Wax Museum (Grevin). The strongly recommended restaurant is called something Chartie. Fantastic food reasonable priced. On that same day we also had dinner with some French friends at their parent’s home and it was really nice.

To make my holidays even more special, Erik took me to Eurodisney! But this in a story for a new blog entry…..



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

paintingpainting
painting

the new venus....
paintingpainting
painting

Van Gogh
viewview
view

French kiss....
Musee D'OrsayMusee D'Orsay
Musee D'Orsay

view from the top
CarsCars
Cars

My first Bugatti
CarsCars
Cars

Porshe, Bentleys, and RR....the standard in Paris
Dining at Buddha BarDining at Buddha Bar
Dining at Buddha Bar

The restaurant was fine (not great), The Buddha Bar is one of the trendiest place in Paris and it is always full!
Le MarraisLe Marrais
Le Marrais

one of the palaces...French good living...before the revolution
FIAT 500FIAT 500
FIAT 500

the new FIAT 500..already in Paris...!
ChartieChartie
Chartie

The real French Brasserie!! Brillliant food....!
Place Vendome..Shopping..!?Place Vendome..Shopping..!?
Place Vendome..Shopping..!?

Cartier was closed...!


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb