Paris- Eurodisney and Versailles.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 19th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We made it to disneyland just a bit after it opened (10am), and the place was already fairly busy. I have never been to any Disneyland before, but Dan has been many of times to the California disneyland so knows the way around a bit. He expected both Disneylands to have the exact same lay-out and the same rides, but it was a bit different. We started off going through the haunted house which was pretty neat. There weren't objects jumping out at you as I had expected, but what they have done is really amazing. Next we went on the Indiana Jones ride. This one was a big of a disappointment, but it was still fun. Dan said that it is very very different than the Indiana Jones in California Disneyland. This one was pretty much just a rollercoaster ride that did a few 360 degree upsidedown turns. It was a fun ride to do, but didn't seem any different than your regular rollercoaster ride at a fair. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean a couple times.. that is a really fun ride. Our favorite was definately space mountain, which again Dan said is very different to the one in California. Luckily, this one was different in a better way =). The ride itself did tons on 360 degree upsidedown turns, the rollercoaster took you on your side, and most of the time you didn't even know what sort of a direction your body was in! They somehow made it so that you didn't even feel like you were in a rollercoatser at all, the entire rollercoaster was inside in a black tunnel with stars all around, planets, etc. Really good! I won't list of every ride and bore you to death, but we definately had a full day there. At 11pm there was a big parade of lights, and then a spectaular fireworks show. These were probably the best fireworks I have ever seen, having the fireworks go with music makes a big difference.

Our last day in Paris before heading to the French Riviera! We took the RER to Versailles to see the famous gardens. We didn't go into the palace (the line was huge and we weren't too interested), but instead walked around the gardens and out to Marie Antoinettes Place. It looked like there would have been some beautiful gardens there, but again we didn't go in.. our legs were too tired to walk around her estate!
After we came back from Versailles we went to see the grande arch... which is hideous and a huge monstrosity! We took a picture of it, it does not fit into the Paris landscape at all and it just weird. Luckily it is in with all the skyscrapers and doesn't stand out as much as it would if it were all alone.
We then headed to Notre Dame for last minute souverier shopping, then back to the hostel for dinner and to pack. The hostel that we were at could have been really fun.... if you were a smoker. For non-smokers it isn't great at all because the reception doubles as the bar, so is a smoke-fillen haven. The courtyard where you eat dinner is kind of like an extension of the bar... so we were looking forward to leaving that and being able to breathe freely again! The next day we head of to Nice! =)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb