Last day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 10th 2005
Published: September 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

Today was our last day of the Contiki European Magic tour and a big day it was! We started our morning with the Contiki group picture in front of the Eiffel Tower and then Maciek and I were off to the Louvre. There were lots of people already by the time we got there around 10am but managed to make our way through the crowd to see the famous Mona Lisa (which in my opinion is overrated), Venus de Milo, and Napoleon's apartments. After the Louvre, we walked over to the Notre Dame de Paris and Sainte Chapelle (where Maciek got held up at security for taking his swiss army knife - doh!). The stained glass windows at Sainte Chapelle were amazing!

We also had really nice crepes for a snack, I had lemon and sugar while Maciek had a crepe filled with raspberry jam. We made our way towards Musee d'Orsay which had a collection of pre and post impressionist art. We continue afterwards to Musee d'armee and Napoleon's tomb and visited Rodin's garden where Le Penseur or The Thinker is kept.

We headed towards les Champs Elysees for a little bit of shopping - of course ;-) and finally after 10hrs of walking we found a place to sit down and have dinner. Maciek and I finished off the night by going to the Arc de Triomphe.

Tomorrow, we return to London for a final night before flying back to Canada.

Bonsoir et au revoir!
Nelly and Maciek


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb