IN GAY PARIS


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

Sorry its taken so long for my next entry, life is busy on the road!!

Last entry was from Athens and from there we flew to Naples (arrived in a thunderstorm, barrel of monkeys!) We stayed at Sorrento in a lovely hotel on top of a hill overlooking the Bay of Naples. We had 2 lovely days here, the first we went along the Amalfi Coast thru Positano and to Ravello. Interesting trip as the roads are very narrow and perched on the side of a cliff AND its all hairpin bends!! The bus drivers toot as they approach each bend and its fun and games if another bus is approaching - this did happen a couple of times but he got out of it!! Had lunch at Amalfi and who did we run into but Bob Simpson of Aust Cricket fame!! Leonie had a chat with him and was introduced to his wife!

Our 2nd day here we went to Isle of Capri. Just beautiful! Took a trip to the Blue Grotto, which involves 2 boats, the smaller one gets you into the Grotto, which is basically a cave with the most stunning blue water, youd think it was illuminated underneath! Whilst here we were wandering along in front of the many cafes when we heard "Gday mate" in a strong Italian accent. It was a waiter who spotted Petes cap - of course he replied "Bon giorno". In fact this is a tip for anyone travelling as we get all sorts of comments to the hat. Walking along in Paris today someone yelled out "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" from a doubledecker bus! Fun times!

From Sorrento we got a train to Florence and stayed for 3 days before moving on to Rome. We did a trip to Siena from Florence and had a fantastic time! Really interesting place right in the heart of Tuscany and real Chianti country and for this reason only we had to sample some, dont wanna upset the locals!! Rome was hot and chaotic as usual, but still fascinating as ever! We were lucky enough to get an excellent guided tour of the Vatican Museum and the Cistine Chapel (it always makes it more interesting when you know the history. We were in St Peters Square when we saw a man wearing a Rabbitohs jersey - we both agreed our teams needed lots of prayers, possibly divine intervention, so we lit a candle!

Thursday will be a sad day as we leave Leonie and Peter in Paris, before we move onto Provence and then Spain.

Need to sign off now as we have to make ourselves beautiful for Moulin Rouge tonight!

Hope all are well and happy! Keep messages coming, its great to hear from home!

Love, Anne and Trev xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb