Almost Home


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 13th 2005
Published: August 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

On our wayOn our wayOn our way

Outside of the Villa Mansart ready for our power tour of Paris.
Hi Everyone,
Our vacation is drawing to a close and we are excited to finish.
We were unable to update you from the small site in heaven we visited in Switzerland - Gimmelwald.
Gimmelwald was a small farming village on the mountain only available by gondola. We enjoyed some awesome hiking and some great visiting with other tourists and Swiss folks. The saying is - If I can't make it to heaven send me to Gimmelwald.
The funniest site was a man using an old style scythe to cut his hay, when he was done he pulled out his palm pilot to check his schedule. It might have old ways but it is still in the 21st century.
On the trip from Gimmelwald to Paris we stopped in in Freibourg but otherwise drove as quickly as we could. The highways were great but very costly.
Now we are in Paris. This is a very quick visit to Paris but still well worth the stop. We qre staying in a Villa in Paris. It is by definition a B&B but it is more realistically a villa. We have the top floor of this beautiful home and the hosts are wonderful to us.
Vince and IVince and IVince and I

On top of the Arc de Triomphe surveying the Paris skyline
Their fresh croissants this morning were just to die for. We took the train into Paris and went to the typical tourist sites. Saturday crowds were definitely the most overwhelming part. We had no hard and fast agenda we were trying to keep so the line ups just helped us decide what not to do.
Tomorrow after our kings breakfast we will begin our trek back to Amsterdam.
I will try to update this site with a few pictures after I get home to my own computer. Actuqlly I will probably sleep for a couple of days first. Thanks for checking in.
Bonsoir and Bonne Nuit


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our King's BreakfastOur King's Breakfast
Our King's Breakfast

This was the Parisian breakfast our hosts served to us each morning. They treated us royally and were the best part of our Paris visit.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb