La Joie de Vive


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 9th 2005
Published: June 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Louvre - Paris FranceThe Louvre - Paris FranceThe Louvre - Paris France

Here's Graeme standing in front of the fountain outside the Louvre. It's the biggest thing I've ever seen by the way, so this is only one very small section of it!
Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since our last blog, but we've been REALLY busy! Paris has been wonderful, that is except for the French! We hope we don't insult anyone but they really ARE rude! Even if you try to speak french to them, they just roll their eyes at you and speak back to you in English! And poor Graeme, they keep telling him he speaks french badly! He certainly speaks it better than me! Oh well, everything else is great! Well, i'm sorry to disapoint you all but this is about all i can say for this travel journal because we no longer have free internet and we have a lot to do still, but hopefully the pictures will fill you all in! Besides, that's really what you want to see, isn't it? I'll just add one last tidbit - we went to the Moulin Rouge last night because it was our 2 year anniversary (!) and it was great! We're leaving tonight on a night train to Barcelona to meet up with Chester and Ryan so I'm not sure when we'll be writing back. Ok, gotta run, bye!

~jen and graeme


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Saint Chapelle CathedralSaint Chapelle Cathedral
Saint Chapelle Cathedral

This cathedral was really beautiful! Stained glass was everywhere inside!
Notre Dame Cathedral!Notre Dame Cathedral!
Notre Dame Cathedral!

The inside was really beautiful as well but unfortunately since there was no light inside other than candle light, our pictures didn't turn out very well :(
Notre Dame CathedralNotre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral

Here's Jen standing outside Notre Dame
The LouvreThe Louvre
The Louvre

Here's a picture of the Louvre that better shows how big it is! The huge glass pyramid in the middle is how you get in! You take an escalator down underneath it!
The Paris Opera HouseThe Paris Opera House
The Paris Opera House

Home to the Phantom of the Opera! Inside it was SPECTACULAR! Unfortunately, a bit dark though, so here's just a picture of the outside.
The Monna LisaThe Monna Lisa
The Monna Lisa

And yes, apparently that's spelled the correct way! I was really suprised that we were allowed to take photos, so this was really cool!
Aphrodite - The Louvre Aphrodite - The Louvre
Aphrodite - The Louvre

Here's Graeme being funny...well, at least he thought he was!
A random shot by GraemeA random shot by Graeme
A random shot by Graeme

Jen - absolutely pooped from walking around for 10 hours


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb