France - Paris - September 2012


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris » Sarcelles
September 16th 2012
Published: October 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So today we finally made it into Paris.

After a quick train ride we took the underground until we reached Notre Dame. Such an impressive building, but I found the hundreds of birds and all the boats, buses and bikes much more interesting! There were SO many people queuing to get into the Cathedral that we didn't bother. Instead mummy and daddy had chocolate crepes and I had a tube of raisins :-( Apparently the crepes were VERY good but I didn't get to try them.

After spending a little time looking at the Cathedral and the buildings surrounding it we walked until we reached the Louvre. On the way we took a few detours and saw the Palais de Justice and the Church of St Germain l'Auxerrois, plus we stopped at a bakery to get some yummy baguettes and cakes for a picnic. After looking outside the Louvre we spent a while in the Jardin des Tuileries where I got to chase birds, have a picnic and look at some awesome water fountains. The gardens are massive so it took me a long time to walk from the Louvre to the opposite end, but by the time we did we had a great view of the Arc de Triomphe and the mighty Effiel Tower.

The Effiel Tower was our next destination. It took a while to walk there, but it was nice to get away from all the tourists for some time and see some of the normal streets of Paris. When we got there it was packed! It was so busy that they closed the top of the tower, but we still got to go to the second level. Mummy is scared of heights so I think she was pretty glad about it! I could see the city for miles and miles and miles. We all really liked seeing the Palais de Chaillot and the Gardens of the Trocadero from the Effiel Tower, it was very impressive. It was weird being so high, but I didn't mind. I liked the cool lift that took me up and down the tower and wanted to go in it again.

Once we were down from the tower we made our way back to the campsite. I had a very long day, but it was good fun, the weather was great and the Paris is a very pretty city. Its just a pity that we ran out of time for a cruise on the Seine and that there are far too many tourists.

Tomorrow we are packing up and driving back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb