Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris » Sarcelles
March 29th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour from Paris!

Jo and I arrived here two days ago via night train. We didn't sleep a ton because we made stops continuously throughout the night to pick up more passengers. Already with little sleep, we navigated the streets and bumped into feisty Parisians who at first left a bitter taste in my mouth (and not to mention the air with how much they smoke). We explored the islands of the Seine river, saw Notre Dame and St. Chapels. At night we drank a bottle of French wine and watched the Eiffel tower sparkle. On the way home we had to stop for a chocolate crepe : ) The following day we had a chocolate croissant for breakfast, walked through the gardens of Luxembourg, and trampled through the caves beneath the city that house the Catacoumbs. It waspretty creepy to see how the bones were lined up perfectly and the skulls were arranged in patterns. Had a ham andcheese crepe for lunch, more wine, and visited the famous Louvre.This morning we navigated the streets of the most famous Parisian market before heading to Versailles. And voila! They have Internet here. So I'm posting while we wait in line. The only problems to report from Paris: just because a street has a name doesn't mean you can drive down it (we had trouble finding the hostel because to access the street you had to ascend a half flight of stairs), and at Versailles they pulled me aside after scanning my bag and took away the butter knife we had been carrying to eat our lunches on the go. Anyways, the city is beautiful and the wine and cheese are excellent!

J'adore vient Paris!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb