Disneyland


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Marne-la-Vallée
May 18th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got to Disneyland late in the afternoon coming back through Paris by train. After we checked in we got changed and went to Disneyland for the last few hours before it shut. To get to Disneyland we walked through 'The Village' which is a little street that had some restaurants and Disney shops along it. When we entered Disneyland there was a street going up the middle called Main Street which had mostly shops along it. At the end was the Sleeping Beauty castle which was sort of in the middle of Disneyland.

Behind the castle was Fantasyland which had a lot of rides in it but were mostly for little kids but there were still some okay rides there. There was one ride called 'It's a Small World' which was a little boat ride inside and you go pass all the countries and it has its main icons. It was really detailed and quite impressive. There were alot of rides that were kind of like It's a Small World, really basic rides that had really detailed things to see. We did most rides in Fantasyland and some in Frontierland.

Frontierland was the first land we went to and had better rides. The first ride we went to was called Space Mountain 2 which was a roller coaster. But since it was inside we couldn't see the track so we had no idea what it would be like. It turned out to be one of the worst and scariest rides there. After visiting those two lands we went and had tea since Disneyland was nearly about to close. After our first day there we had two more full days there. We saw all four different land and Walt Disney Studios which is just next to Disneyland.

My favourite rides were Indiana Jones and Crushers Coaster which were both roller coasters, Star Wars which was like a roller coaster but you didn't go anywhere, Autopia where you just got to drive cars around a huge track. We got to go on most of the rides because the queues weren't too big cause it wasn't the weekend or a public holiday. There were a lot of souvenir shops everywhere around Disneyland.

A lot of the younger children were wearing big princess dresses or dressed up as another Disney character. Also a lot of the kids were wearing the same clothes as there younger or older siblings. There were also alot of strollers some rides even had special places to park them while on the ride. The Disney characters came out a lot and did heaps of autograph signing and even came to the Disney hotels which is where we were staying.

They had the Once Upon a Dream parade everyday at 5 which we happened to watch all three nights and they also did other parades as well. While we were in Walt Disney Studios we saw a stunt car show which was really impressive. They did heaps of really cool things like driving cars on two wheels, driving out of a window and one car drove up a ramp then onto a truck then onto a special crash mat. One guy on a motorbike fell off it and skidded across the ground then they lit him on fire for a few seconds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb