Beaugency to Loches


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Loches
August 27th 2010
Published: August 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mont Richard. Before.Mont Richard. Before.Mont Richard. Before.

When the sun was shining and we were just about to go for a walk.
Loches and a very nice campsite

Had a very leisurely start to the day. When we got up the sun was out and the sky blue so I walked up into the town and bought the daily baguette (and my croissant). Nice little stroll and just right to get the day going. Also good timing. Before we had finished our breakfast the blue sky had been replaced with grey clouds which rained on us.

Very pleasant drive today through the lovely countryside of the Loire et Cher region. Bob decided to try out our POIs for wifi hotspots and near Blois he followed Clarissa Tomtom’s instructions to locate one. Clarissa was unaware that one particular road had been closed off and a new one built. Even so it was not her fault that the hotspot appeared to be in a BB hotel with not a very good signal so we gave up on that.
From Blois on the Loire we drove through some pretty villages past enormous fields filled with ripe sunflowers and some very nice buildings with a few small chateaux thrown in here and there to make the drive even better.
We stopped when we came to
Mont Richard. After, Mont Richard. After, Mont Richard. After,

Through the rain 20 minutes later.
Mont Richard, this time on the river Cher, as the view across the river to its castle was quite superb. I took a photo of the castle with the blue reflective river in front and we secured the Tandy ready to go for a walk. 2 minutes later the blue sky had gone and was replaced by 10 minutes of torrential rain (see before and after photos taken exactly 20 minutes apart).
Once the sun was out again we walked across the bridge and had a lovely walk round followed by coffee and frites for lunch sitting in the main town square off Rue du Pont.
We stopped again to admire a chateau at Montpoupon (I loved its name) then next stop Loches where we have a really super campsite.
Had to wait for my swim in the heated pool as the heavens opened and we had a half hour downpour. Undeterred, as soon as it stopped, I had my very nice swim under a blue sky. Very odd weather we are having, more like April showers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Bridge across the CherBridge across the Cher
Bridge across the Cher

at Mont Richard
chateau Montpouponchateau Montpoupon
chateau Montpoupon

and me, stopping the Tandy rolling away down the hill
chateau Montpouponchateau Montpoupon
chateau Montpoupon

with Bob this time as we both think our photo is the best !
Bob admires the awningBob admires the awning
Bob admires the awning

which is now spotlessly clean after the downpour


Tot: 0.445s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 28; qc: 153; dbt: 0.3336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb