Last night in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Amboise
October 21st 2012
Published: October 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last fast trainOur last fast trainOur last fast train

This one took up to Paris and had a top speed of 319kmh
Our time in Paris has been very busy.

When we originally booked our accommodation we had been unable to get the first night at the B&B we preferred so as a result the first night was spent in a very ordinary hotel in what resembled a cramped dusty attic. Fortunately it was only for the one night and we were gone first thing in the morning.

Where we moved into our preferred B&B appartment which had plenty of space, was very homely and had everything we needed.

After we had seen the Eifel Tower and Palace of Versailles. John, Hayley and Carolyn were really wearing Tanya and I down with the question "So what day are we going to Disneyland?" and John was no longer accepting the answer "Disneyland is closed today". So we thought we would look at heading in on a Wednesday, hopefully being mid week and overcast it might be quieter. Well I guess for Disneyland it was quiet but to us it still seemed packed with people, speaking a host of different languages.

John had seen and ridden a few rollercoasters at Legoland, and when he saw what was availble at Disneyland, we
After dropping our bagsAfter dropping our bagsAfter dropping our bags

We headed to the Eifel Tower
knew we were going to be in for some busy days. I now know whis height exactly (1.08cm), and it is surprising how many rollercoasters you can go on at that height, including Big Thunder Mountain, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Crushers Coaster. The rides were not the only reason to visit Disneyland, John and the girls also wanted to meet Mickey Mouse and as one would expect this would be the longest line we experienced. Over the 3 days we ended up meeting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Winnie the Pooh plus others on several occassions, we also made Dad feel quite nauseous as little people also required a parent with them when they went on the roller coasters, and Mum was only putting her hand up for Dumbo, Tea Cup rides and Its a Small World, although Tanya did get talked onto one coaster (which she enjoyed!) by the kids which was "Crushers Coaster." The 3 days at Disneyland were arriving when it opened at 10:00am and then leaving after it closed at 8:00pm. Long days but fun.

The remainder of our time in Paris was spent visiting the Champs Elysees, the Arc de
A photo stopA photo stopA photo stop

At level two
Triomph (and taking the lift to the top), Notre Dame Cathedral (taking the stairs to the top) and the Louvre Museum (ever since we first booked the holiday, Hayley inparticular had been very interested in seeing the Mona Lisa), fortunatley when we visited early today the crowds were not too bad. Somehow we also managed a little time out stopping to have a pancake topped with nutella (something new to us) and siting down on the balcony of our apartment to have a beer.

We also went out for dinner with a friend I used to work with and his family, we ordered snails which the girls quite enjoyed....within reason. John on the otherhand who will normally pick up anything off the ground and put in his mouth, would not go near them.

Will do our best to upload some photos soon.

All the best

Darren, Tanya, Carolyn Hayley and John


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

A photo stop at the top A photo stop at the top
A photo stop at the top

By the time we were ready to come down it was dark and getting cold
Day two in ParisDay two in Paris
Day two in Paris

We headed to Versailles.
After spending all morning walking the palaceAfter spending all morning walking the palace
After spending all morning walking the palace

We rested our legs before exploring the garden.
Day 3 in ParisDay 3 in Paris
Day 3 in Paris

And it was off to Disneyland
Teacup rides for everyoneTeacup rides for everyone
Teacup rides for everyone

Except for Dad he cant handle the spinning.
A favourite ride for Carolyn and HayleyA favourite ride for Carolyn and Hayley
A favourite ride for Carolyn and Hayley

Even if we did it with closed eyes the first time round.
Taking some time outTaking some time out
Taking some time out

For a photo with a pirate from the Caribbean.
We had front row seats for the closing performanceWe had front row seats for the closing performance
We had front row seats for the closing performance

They were making a commercial so we had to smile on cue.
Nemos 'Crusher' RollercoasterNemos 'Crusher' Rollercoaster
Nemos 'Crusher' Rollercoaster

By the end of the day The kids had talked Mum into going on this.
Learning to driveLearning to drive
Learning to drive

Im a little concerned
After three days at DisneylandAfter three days at Disneyland
After three days at Disneyland

Its was time to see some more sites of Paris.
Posing for a photoPosing for a photo
Posing for a photo

At the top of the Arc d'Triumph
Not lost, just looking...Not lost, just looking...
Not lost, just looking...

For the famous Mona Lisa.
Found!Found!
Found!

We were all impressed. Although Smaller than we expected.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb