Mini Chateau & the river castle Chenonceau


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Amboise
April 23rd 2011
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Mini Chateau which is a place that has the 40 most famous castle's around the area we are staying in. They were geographically laid out with the Loire river. There were some huge castles and some not so big. Some castles also had amazing gardens. 

There where heaps of different castles. We decided to chose two or three each then decide on three to go to together. I chose the Usse Castle, the Chambord Castle and another huge castle. We all decided to go to the Usse Castle, the Chamord Castle and the Villandry.

After going to Mini Chateau we went to have a look around the town near it called amboise. About two minutes after leaving mini chateau we came across one of the castles that was at the place. It was the Chenonceau Castle. We were just going to drive past it and have a look but it was hidden by trees so we thought we might as well go see it since we were there. 

The little road leading up to the castle was covered with people. It wasn't a huge castle but it was a good size. When we got inside we had to go a certain way through the rooms. So we followed the signs and looked in the rooms. The castle had a lot of furniture and was quite well looked after. We came to a big hallway that had windows looking at over the river as the castle was going across the river. We walked through the hallway and out the other side. We walked along the path in front of the forest. We got some good photos with the castle reflecting in the water. Although we had to try cut out the scaffolding on one part of the castle. We walked back though on a different level and outside to the gardens. The king had made to gardens, one on each side of the castle. One for his wife and one for his girlfriend. We only had a look at the girlfriends garden. After looking through the garden we went back to the car and went home.

When we got home we went out for tea then we went to the Easter vigil mass at the church near our house. The service went for two hours but it was a unique experience. For the first half we had a candle each that was lite and they had no lights on. Although they were speaking French and we couldn't understand them we could kind of follow were they were up to on the service sheet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb