Chambord & Blois


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Blois
April 25th 2011
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up nice and early to go to a castle called Chambord. Chambord is the biggest castle in the area. Chambord is famous for its double heilx staircase. Many people come to see this huge castle. It has thousands of visitors everyday. They know how to control the crowds with heaps of carparks some miles away from the castle, a litte market and plenty of places to eat. We got to Chambord early so there were't many people there although there was a huge tour group behind us.

The castle looked amazing from the outside but inside wasn't too great. When we got inside we went to go see the double heilx staircase first. On every level once you got off the staircase there would be a huge empty room with only a fireplace and some wood sacked up against the wall which was quite a waste of space. The castle wasn't as well furnished as the first castle we visited. We went up to the very top of the castle to have a look at the view from there. The turrets on the roof were very detailed and there were so many. There was a nice view to look at too. Although they didn't have any garden, it was just lawns. We went back down and had a look in some bedrooms which took a while trying to find them. Then we went into a room that had 4 tvs on the wall all in different languages. They were showing a documentery on Chambord that was very intereting. Chambord took centuries to make and it went through so many different owners. The planning that went into building this castle took so much thought. Although it took years to create the layout of it all is pretty impressive.

By the time we had finished it was only about midday so we decided to go to Blois. There was a magic place there that Sophia wanted to go to so we found that and had a look inside. There were heaps of different little things to look at that were magic and there was even a magician there doing tricks. The place was five stories high and each level had something different on it. We went to a little show that was being heled there which was kind of like Alice in Wonderand. After that we went outside and got an icecream. We sat down in time to watch the dragon come out of the window. Every half hour the windows on the magic place open up and a 6 headed dragon comes out. It had one head out each window plus a tail out another window. Once it had finished we walked back to the car stopping on the way to see a St Vincent de Paul church.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb