Discovery of Bretagne - Cycling to the old castle of La Hunaudaye


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
August 23rd 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to cycle along the country lanes as the weather showed us a perfect day for cycling.

We had such a lovely time while visiting this place, surrounded by only maize fields in the middle of the country. This place is now isolated in the middle of the country, in an old marsh on the edge of a forest. The Chateau de la Hunaudaye, was built eight hundreds years ago, but now we could see massive outer walls which stands impressively. According the information, we obtained from the ticket desk, this castle was built to supervise the river Arguenon that was used as a border between Pays de Lamballe & Pays de Dinan.

To be honest, there is nothing special to see inside. What we saw inside, we could have seen from outside. Nevertheless, the surrounding area of the castle La Hunaudaye is a perfect place for a picnic. There were a couple of getting ready for a nice picnic day on the bank of the water channel.

We went to a local creperie which is located a stone throwing distance from the castle. We also tasted a locally made cider, which was Très bon!

We cycled back rather lazily, which took us almost two hours to return home.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb