By the sea at Porzanevez-Porzay


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Saint-Nic
September 2nd 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Left our rather lovely spot on the cliff tops above Quiberon and moved further up Brittany to the Finistere coast. We tried, several times, en route to stop for a walk round the picturesque towns and villages we passed through, Hennebont (lovely name that), Qimperle, Chateaulin but didn’t manage to find anywhere to park. Lots of car spaces but nothing big enough to accommodate the length of our 7metre Tandy. Nearly managed in Chateaulin but the big parking spaces were all already taken as the fair had come to town.
We did manage to stop in one village but unfortunately we couldn’t then find anywhere to go for a drink. A bar would have been handy but inexplicably we couldn’t find one.
We gave up and went straight to our campsite at Saint-Nic, right on the coast. Fantastic spot with the most incredible beach on our doorstep as it were with miles of soft sand but the sort which is nice and firm enough to stroll along.
We arrived when reception was shut so went to the bar next door and had galettes for lunch. Then returned to the campsite and checked in for a few days. If the weather continues
ChateaulinChateaulinChateaulin

Couldn't stop as nowhere to park so as usual shot through the Tandy window
to be as good we will stay a while.
The pool is superb. Each pool we have used has been better than the last but going to be hard to beat this one. Only slightly spoiled at first by an English group of about 6 who thought the pool was theirs and played volleyball right across it so nobody else could swim. The ball only hit me once, fortunately for them. Twice and I would have thrown it out of the pool area. Made me a little ashamed to be British. Once they had left the water I went back in and had a really good swim.
After dinner, which comprised English sausages and eggs plus frites from the bar outside the campsite, we strolled along the beach. Glad I took the camera. There was a magnificent sunset and I took, as usual, lots of photos. Gave me a problem, as the sunset was so very scenic I just don’t know which of the photos to delete.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lovely pool Lovely pool
Lovely pool

Campsite Domaine de Ker Ys at St-Nic


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb