A return to Roscoff


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Roscoff
July 7th 2014
Published: October 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was a beautiful day so we decided to drive all the way around the Brittany peninsula to get to Roscoff rather than cut across country. It was a very pleasant drive indeed with lovely views of the coast from time to time. Before we knew it we were trying to find somewhere to park in Roscoff's busy little streets. We ended up in a side road in a residential area and carrying our bags down an alleyway to find our hotel. The Hotel d'Angleterrewas a lovely place, like a traditional B&B with big, comfortable rooms.

The glorious weather continued into the evening so we took a walk around before finding somewhere for dinner. Last year had had a glimpse of the town and we were pleased we had taken the time to see it more this time. A word to the wise - most eateries seemed to be creperies and that wasn't really what we were looking for. Eventually we settled in the Ha Long Bay Vietnamese restaurant . What an excellent choice. The food brought back many pleasant memories of our year in Vietnam. Even the wine was cheap and good!

To aid our digestion we took a stroll around the marina and along the jetty. The sun was setting over Ile de Batz and it was spectacular. Perhaps next time we could arrive in time to take a ferry over there and explore a little. Later on we settled in Le Winch Pub where we enjoyed some locally brewed beer before heading back to the hotel for a fairly early night.

A 7am start the next morning came as quite a shock after our relaxed timekeeping over the previous week!! The small breakfast was quite missable which was a shame, but we were too early for the buffet. Still, it filled a hole while we were waiting for the 9am ferry to depart. A 6 hour crossing to Plymouth followed and, much to Trish's chagrin, it was NOT as smooth as last year's sailing!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



4th October 2014
Sunset

Nice sunset
Beautiful

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb