Day Nine - Falling in Love with Salty Brittany


Advertisement
Europe » France » Brittany » Guérande
December 29th 2012
Published: June 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Even though I loved our accomodations in Le Mouton Blanc my only criticism would be the thinness of the walls. We were awoken earlier than scheduled by some buffoons banging and bashing their giant suitcases along the walls and into our door at 6 am. I had planned for us to sleep in a bit, go to breakfast at 8 am, and then be ready to make those last few purchases when the stores re-opened at 9. W... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Salad  GaletteSalad  Galette
Salad Galette

Once I find a local food I like I tend to stick with it. I tried tacos for the first time when I was stationed in California almost 40 years ago and haven't stopped eating them. Now that I discovered these tasty French pancakes topped with just about anything you could ask for, I was hooked.
Cassie's DinnerCassie's Dinner
Cassie's Dinner

Cassie seems to have the same philosophy as mine. If I remember right, hers was filled with mushrooms.
DessertDessert
Dessert

When it comes to French food I want nothing to do with Nouveau cuisine. Give me a full plate of something that's gonna fill me up. This dessert featured lots of local caramel and fresh whipped country cream. And a lolly.
Time to Play with the Camera AgainTime to Play with the Camera Again
Time to Play with the Camera Again

While we were dining in a typically leisurely French way, the restaurant began to fill. Getting our waitress' attention for the check was rather difficult. Meanwhile I took out my camera and began to play with some of the settings and effects. Here's the starting point: a shot of Cassie playing with something on her empty plate.
Voila! The Boy George EffectVoila! The Boy George Effect
Voila! The Boy George Effect

I screwed around with my camera's many features to the point that I turned my daughter into some sort of otherworldly creature. Mission accomplished.
A Picture So We don't ForgetA Picture So We don't Forget
A Picture So We don't Forget

Shortly after the waitress came running outside to thank us for our American-sized tip, I turned around to take a picture of the restaurant's façade just in case we ever make it back. The blown-up version of this picture shows our hottress in the lower right corner.
Calling It a NightCalling It a Night
Calling It a Night

It was scarcely nine o'clock as we exited the walled Old Town. Before heading back to our rooms (just beyond the lighted tree on the right side of the road) we made another quick run through the corner mini-mart where we got a couple of beers and snacks. Back at the hotel Cassie and Grandma stayed in their rooms while Gail and I went downstairs to the vacant lobby to drink our beer and catch up on things over the internet. The nifty WiFi SD card that Gen and Tyler got me for Christmas effortlessly uploaded hundreds of my photos to my Flickr account. What a great way to make sure you don't lose or delete all your vacation memories!



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb