Visit to Locronan and Kervel Plage


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Douarnenez
June 21st 2015
Published: June 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

I was right about the nasty wind and it certainly made itself felt today. It must have been what blew last night’s mist in and left more cloud today than forecast. Not complaining you understand (as we believe the UK is not having good weather) and the sky is beautifully blue most of the time. It did mean we wore an extra layer for scootering today as out of the sun it really can feel quite cold.
Poor Bob gets the full force of the chill on the scooter as he is on the front and I’m tucked in cosily behind. He also gets the bites from the insects which fly into him.



We went to Locronan first. Again we have visited here before but it is one of the 'most beautiful villages of France' and well deservedly. Easy to park for us on the scooter as we are always free but cars had to pay €4. We walked down the road to the village and realised that this was the road which on our last visit was filled with the stalls of a flea market. The village has a beautiful square which we were unable to fully appreciate last time as that was filled with stalls too. Today there were just people and nothing like as many as before.

We had a lovely wander round and I was of course particularly taken with the stained glass windows in the church. Stunning.

Bob lost me for a while which was a shame as I was choosing a birthday present for his grand-daughter, Emily and by the time I found him the present had been wrapped and sealed with wax so he will have to wait now until Emily opens it to see exactly what I bought.



We chose, as usual, a Creperie for lunch and galettes of course. Fortunate that Bob had his wallet with him as I’d spent all my cash on the present and neither the shop nor the Creperie took cards.



Back on Kisbee we scootered north until we came to the coast. An amazing beach, Kervel Plage, with a seemingly never-ending stretch of golden sand. There were only a few people on it and they were in the shelter of the seawall. Bob opted to keep his fleece on but I eventually braved the chilly wind and let my skin feel the warmth of the sun. Had a lovely relaxing stroll in the sunshine from one end of the beach to the other and back.



Ice-creams at the beach snack bar and then back on Kisbee to the campsite in time for the daily swim. I’ve swum every day since we’ve been in France and hope my muscles are feeling the benefit.



Leaving for Carantec on the northern Finistere peninsula tomorrow where we will meet up with friends Janet and Eric for a few nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb