En Francais!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Dinard
April 22nd 2013
Published: April 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in France on Wednesday 17th April, leaving Poole in grey skies and drizzly rain. The Brittany ferry was almost empty of passengers, and with hardly any pitch and roll, it was a very relaxed crossing! Include the full English breakfast with extra coffees; I would say it’s a great way to travel! We watched the sky turn blue and the sea, green, as we approached Cherbourg.

Our first stop: Anse du Brick, was very welcoming, a large campsite built on the cliff overlooking the beach. Beautiful! The site’s facilities were without fault too: clean and modern, with a lovely pool. We, almost, successfully set up camp, there was a minor setback when we decided to try and ‘level’ the van using some blocks that go under the wheels, completely forgetting that we had fitted the wheel clamp already! Turns out that the van is impossible to drive with the clamp on… so at least it serves its purpose!! 24 hours into our trip, I called ADAC, the German vehicle recovery company, who came out to jack up the van and un-jam our wheel clamp. Safe to say we won’t make that particular mistake again...

Approximately 230km southwards, we are now in Saint Lunaire, which is just east of St Malo and Mont St-Michel. The weather has been sunny but with a cold wind off the sea, we’ve cycled to Dinard today, a seaside town, with mansions built in to the cliffs and a scenic walkway around the defence walls. As we cycled some tough (for me) hills on the way to town and back, our lunch was a reward of cidre and crepes. The decision was tough: Creperie du Roy offers a very extensive menu of crepe fillings, but we chose apples and cream in one and a caramel butter sauce in the other… salad for dinner then??


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd April 2013

Roy's pancakes!
Hard choice but after that hilly cycle ride well deserved! Looks lovely, did the German company drive all the way from Germany to un clamp you? Lol you can imagine what they were muttering under their breath....., lol enjoy xx
22nd April 2013

ADAC the saviours!
hello! love the blog, it all sounds much nicer than boring old Watford! glad you signed up with ADAC eh! what a 'mare! enjoy the next stage of your travel x

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb