Espagne.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne » Issoire
July 12th 2011
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi, guys. Sorry I haven't posted anything new for a while, not a whole lot of interesting stuff has happened 😊 We've done a lot of driving.

On Friday, July 8, we caught a bus in the morning to Saint Tropez, a ritzy French version of Beverly Hills. There were a lot of beautiful, expensive yachts in the harbor. We took a stroll through the town, which was quaint, though not very impressive. We caught the bus back, and hung out at the lovely beach for the afternoon (my tan is improving...).

On Saturday we headed out for a campground halfway to Barcelona- a nice 4 hour drive. We stayed on a nice sandy beach in a nice, beachy town.

On Sunday we headed towards Barcelona- 3 hour drive. We camped across the road from a beach. The place was full of Netherlanders and French people. We had another beach afternoon.

Monday we took the train into Barcelona along the lovely beachy waterfront. We took the subway to La Rambla, a long pedestrian street. All of the streets in Barcelona are wide, clean, and pedestrian-friendly. We took a look at a couple of Gaudi houses in the city. (Gaudi was an architect famous for his disliking of straight lines- he preferred curves and angles.) We took a subway to the Magical fountains, which were, ironically, turned off that day. There was, however, an impressive palace down the lane. After that we walked to an area called the "Poble Espanyol de Barcelona"; a collection of houses and buildings styles from all over Spain. We got to watch glass blowers at work and look through an art museum, which I enjoyed. We even saw a few Picasso ceramics.

After that we subwayed to the Sagrada Familia, a cathedral desinged by Gaudi. You'll have to look at the pictures. We had a lovely lunch of tapas, small dishes of cooked food on bread, which was absolutely delicious. (We had lunch at around 2:30...) Lastly, we subwayed again to the Arc de Triomf. Turns out there's one in Barcelona, too. We walked through the Pg. Luis Companys, a nice park. We Subwayed one last time to another Gaudi house, which looked to be melting. We took the train home, hot, traveled, and spent. We spent a little bit of time relaxing in the ocean, which was very calm, and our last Mediterranean swim.

Today, Tuesday, we headed out for a 5 hour drive to a town called Issoire on the way to Paris. We saw a really well constructed suspension bridge called the Viaduc de Millau, the tallest bridge in the world. Right now we're at a small, quiet campground with free internet.... 8D.

Till we meet again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb