Work in progress!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We'll yet again apologies for another long delay in blog spot!!!!

Right work is well and truly underway. We now have a new roof on the back section, our old chimney has been re-crepied and strengthened and at this precise moment in time we have a digger out the front ripping up all the hard standing to make a new level area. It really is a building site at the moment! But t is great to see the big things getting done.

Smaller things are also getting done, I have started again on the painting in the middle section now we have a few weeks alone here! The middle room is now no longer a mix of colour but a crisp clean white! Our room next!

On a sadder note a member of our french family was taken from us a day before his first birthday, Mr Miagi, the black and white peril was run over. We have made a lovely herb garden for him in the back garden where he can rest in peace.

Rugby - fantastic news, our side got promoted last week into the next division and a re currently pounding their way through the other sides in the cup competition as well. They won their first match 27 - 0 away and the home game is this Sunday for the first team and Saturday for my team (the reserves!! I am a little too old for this stuff!!).

Weather has finally turned for good we believe, the last of the really cold nights is well and truly behind us. We are now in the rainy day, sunny day season. Everything looks lush and green and all the plants are coming to life. It is a wonderfully refreshing time of year.

Until next time

B&H



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



8th April 2008

Rugger
Allez Sauveterre !!! Fantastic news! I really enjoyed watching the double header (and double-victory) when I was over. RIP, Mr Miagi :o-( Good to see there's still some wood on the pile.
8th April 2008

Impressive!
WOW! What a lot of work you guys have done - it is amazing! Well done - and well done Ben too; for sticking with the rugby - sounds like you might have taught them a thing or two?

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb