The start of another decade


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
February 9th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monday saw the start of yet another era (seems to be happening a lot at the moment) I am no longer a spritely twentysomething with a spring in my step and the world at my feet.... no

I am now wiser, saggier and preparing for serious world domination... :o)

To mark this occasion Ben has been plotting and scheming behind my back, which I have now forgiven him for. I have to point out that I am very proud of my restraint - I could have hacked into his email, read his messages, tapped his skype and generally tourtured him to spill the beans but no I behaved. And I was very glad that I did.

On Friday Ben disappeared to do the shopping and returned 2 hours later with my mother, my brother Steve and his girlfriend Wendy. So either Ben lied to me for the first time or the local supermarche have really improved their range of rent-a-friends.

The afternoon and evening unfolded with red wine flowing and serious sibling competition over the Trivial Pursuit board - always dangerous.

On Saturday Ben disappeared again as Steve, Wendy, Mum and I staggered around the local countryside walking off our hangovers. We returned to find the house full - Tats, Emma, Vicki, Chris, Matt, and Will supping the local vino which had been personally customised for them.

The boys all predictably disappeared to watch the rugby whilst the girls and Alex (a Canadian who we have befriended) drank too much champagne and attempted to get ready for dinner.

Piled into the Land rover we trekked across the French countryside heading to one of our fave resturants in Audaux. I was very touchedd to have 21 new and old friends to celebrate my birthday with and it is testament to Vicki's organisation skills and Ben's tenacity.

I would like to publically thank all the people who made it and tried to make to see me I was very touched and made me feel that we haven't moved that far away at all.

We then headed to the local bar to contunie the festivities, I successfully managed to avoid too many dodgy shots and left the bar still standing - a great achievement believe me.

Sunday we had to say goodbye to most of the party and we set off to watch the mightly U.S. Sauveterre thrash Puyoo in the local rugby derby and then returned once more to the bar. I shall leave the rest to your imaginations and hope you enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb