Ken arrives!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
July 21st 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dinner!Dinner!Dinner!

Colette, moi et Ken
Today seemed like a long day waiting for 6 pm to finally come around! I woke up and had a nice breakfast courtesy of Jean-François . His grandson, Mathis, was spending the day with him and Colette had to drive down to Biarritz for a meeting. So, J-F told me he bought Mary Poppins for Mathis to watch on DVD. It was a treat to watch Mary Poppins in French! Good thing I knew the story and all the songs! After the DVD was finished I went out for a walk around Bordeaux for a while and then came back for a little sieste. Finally, it was time to walk to the train station to meet Ken and it was wonderful to see him again! He didn't seem too worse for the wear of traveling and when we got back Chez J-F et Colette we had a nice aperitif and then Ken went to have a shower to freshen up before dinner. We, of course, had a delicious dinner of mélon et jambon, salade and ratatouille....with the usual ending of cheese 😊 After dinner, J-F took us on a drive around the city so Ken could have a look and we got back about 11 and hit the sack. I have a few photos of Bordeaux at night that I'll post tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd July 2008

Kenny B
Oh to be in Bordeaux now that Ken is there. Or is that Oh to be in Paris now that Spring is here???At any rate I miss the joie de vie and all that stuff. Drank the Rose lst night Good Good Good. served salad with lardon, cheese, Poulet and light oil and Vinegar and Bagguette..Dad liked it but would not like to make a steady diet of it.. Too bad!!! Have a wonderful time you two.. Hugs to J-F, Colette and of course the beautiful butcher family.. XXXOOO Mom
22nd July 2008

Ken's arrival...
Hi Guys...so glad to know that Ken arrived safely!!! I absolutley love reading your entries Sandi; I look forward to them. Can't wait to hear about the entire adventure upon your return...love to you both!!!
24th July 2008

Ratatouille
Please pass me the ratatouille and some bread! Oh... you two look great despite being overshadowed by that meal!
29th July 2008

Get A Room!
OK, you two! Hurry up, find that retirement spot, and do it! We want to come and visit for a summer! Love you both!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb