Visiting Beynac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Beynac-et-Cazenac
August 18th 2010
Published: April 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London - Bergerac


BeynacBeynacBeynac

Stunning little town of Beynac on the banks of the Dordogne.
Hannah was heading over to France to attend a family friends wedding in Bergerac this summer and at the last minute I also booked a week of work to spend it in sunny Southern France. Since Hannah and her parents were really here to attend the wedding most of the week was spent relaxing by the pool, very little else was done, but I was keen to get out and explore some of the country while I was here. So Hannah, her mum and I drove to a small French town called Beynac about 1-2 hours away from Bergerac. The town of Beynac was a beautiful, peaceful place which sat beside the Dordogne River. So we decided to hire some canoes and make our down a particularly picturesque part of the Dordogne. We jumped into the shuttle bus which took us a few kilometers away where we would pickup our canoes. I was surprised how long it took us to get there though, I almost fell asleep on the way, not a good sign.

We were each given a canoe and a paddle, hopped in and we were off, paddling our way down the Dordogne back into Beynac. It was
BeynacBeynacBeynac

Looking down the Dordogne River
a fantastically sunny and warm day, a perfect day for relaxing on the Dordogne. However everyone else had the same idea, there were canoes everywhere, and even people swimming in the River. Though it didn’t detract from the incredible views of huge chateau’s and cliffs along the banks of the river. We were paddling for a good few hours and towards the end I was feeling tired and sun burnt, as was Hannah and her mum. We finally made it to the finish where my numb legs would refuse to get me out of the canoe. We headed back to the car for the long drive back to Bergerac, I was asleep for the entire drive.

Accommodaion:
Bergerac


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BeynacBeynac
Beynac

Beynac Canoe on the Dordogne.
BeynacBeynac
Beynac

People canoeing down the Dordogne River
BeynacBeynac
Beynac

Amazing Chateu's along the river.


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb