European Tour Sep 08


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

La Trois Roses - La Petite Pierre

After last nights escapades, it was time for a quieter day! However, I bought a wireless mouse yesterday in the supermarket, and when I opened it, it had obviously been used and returned as damaged, as it certainly didn't work. Therefore after breakfast we had to return to the shop to exchange it, plus find a garage who might be able to replace both dipped headlights.

The supermarket was relatively easy to sort out, I had practiced what I needed to say and managed to exchange the mouse. Fortunately the guy who came to speak to me, spoke good English so in addition, I was able to explain the problem.

As for the garage, I had tried to get replacement bulbs in the supermarket, which they had, but trying to decipher the type required was very difficult, also it is extremely difficult to get to the headlight bulbs in an Alhambra or Sharan, and with my great hands near nigh impossible. Fortunately I noticed a VW garage yesterday about 10 miles further away, so we headed there.

They were very helpful and after some 30 mins, the mechanic managed to replace both bulbs. So we vcan now drive at night again.

That proved more than enough driving for the day, so we returned to La Petite Pierre and walked around the village to the castle and had lunch in a small brasserie, agin a really good experience and stretched the French vocabulary well.

This evening we shall eat here in the hotel (more money than sense, or no money and even less sense!) before travelling up to Dunkerque tomorrow morning and the ferry back to UK.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb