Strasbourg


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
July 13th 2009
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Strasbourg


I hate City Night Lines because the chairs are gay to sleep in. Strasbourg is pretty though. It was hot and sunny for most of the day but then it got really humid and started raining a bit. First we had breakfast in town - chocolate croissant and espresso. Then we walked towards city center crossing nice canals. The houses are a mixture of German and French, lots had the pattern like the ones in Nürnberg had. Notre-Dame of Strasbourg is a ridiculously massive church but its beautiful. Also, we wentinside and walked around it. The palace or chateau, which is very close to the church, does not look impressive at all after seeing the church even though it is an alright building. Then we went on the boat trip through Strasbourg. It took 70 minutes and we saw quite a lot. We went through old locks where they pushed more water in so we could rise at the same level as the upper canal was at. We cruised through the famous quarter Petite France, the towers and lots of churches and buildings. In the end we also drove to the European quarter, where all the EU buildings are at. After getting off the boat we tried to find a park called parc de l'etoile which was heaps far away so we just sat down next to a canal and had some lunch. We stayed there for a while until we started walking to little France again. It was quite a long walk but the area is very nice and romantic. Then it started raining so we walked back towards the train station. After a stopover near a shopping mall and the Supermarket, we are now a lot too early for our TGV to Paris, which leaves in two and a half hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb