Blog 10 Sunday May 31


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We started off our day by going to the Haut Koenigsbourg Castle. It was my first time to ever tour a castle and there were some very interesting things we learned, such as they don’t sleep laying down because it resembles being dead. Although we had a tour guide that was explaining every little detail of history to us, which some of it was interesting, I think the experience would have been better if we had toured it on our own.

Our next stop was the Maison Zimmer winery. I was very excited about touring the winery because I love wine and have always wanted to tour a winery and do taste testing. The lady informed us that they only made white wine and one red wine. They had 6 different types of grapes for the whine wine and one type of grape for the red wine. She told us that the barrels were all made of oak and that the wine its 8 to 9 month’s in the barrel. We tasted 4 different types of wine and all of them had a different taste to them. The first one tasted like champagne, the second one which was my favorite tasted very smooth, the third had a bitter taste to it and the last one had a flowery sweet taste to it.

After we were done with our taste testing we went over to a restaurant were we had flambé, which was very good. It reminded me of a really thin crusted pizza. Our server was very nice and interacted with the guests as much as possible. Although this restaurant wasn’t a 4 or 5 stars, I can honestly say I think he was the best server we had. You could tell that he loved his job and loved making people happy.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb