Blog 8 Friday May 29th


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 30th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went on a river tour of Strasbourg. I did not find this tour to be very helpful because as you listened to the headphones and it told you the history about some builds to the left or right but you were not always sure which one they were talking about.

After the boat tour we had lunch then we went to the chocolate factory were we were able learn about Christian’s chocolate making. He informed us that he started working in the business when he was 14 with his father and that chocolate was his life passion. He had us test some chocolates and ice cream as well. The ice cream was the best ice cream I have ever had before. It was different from your every day ice cream though because it was flavors that you would normally not see. One was a flower and another was orange and red pepper. When you put the ice cream in your mouth, no matter was flavor it was it tasted like you where really eating that idea at the time. Such as strawberry or cherry, I felt that I was actually eating a strawberry and a cherry.

Once we were done with the chocolate we had free time. I decided to visit the Cathedral which was absolutely beautiful. There was so much detail in every inch of the Cathedral. We also climbed the stairs to the top, which was very difficult and tiresome. It was definitely work the climb though because from the top you could see the whole town. The buildings in Strasbourg were definitely different from the ones in Engelberg. The ones in Engelberg were all 3 or 4 stories high and looked like they were out of a book. Where the ones in Strasbourg were all different highs and looked more worn.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb