Helsinki - Monday


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Uusimaa » Helsinki
September 10th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Now sitting at Helsinki airport after our 23 hr stopover on our whirlwind circumnavigation of Europe. Budapest to Istanbul via Helsinki and London. It's'confused a few including me. It was very interesting flying over Poland and Latvia, you could see the fields and towns quite easily. Anyway, driving out of the airport at Helsinki you could easily think you were in New Zealand, overcast, cloudy, the trees and vegetation look the same and the cars even look the same. Until you read a sign.....

We had a hotel right in the middle of the city so we did a bit of a look around. It is quite chilly and everybody is wearing coats so it feels like winter to me but its very light until late. The shops are full of serious winter clothes. Very stylish but very very expensive. We had a lovely Finnish meal in a beautifully restored and decorated restaurant that was a bank in a former life.

Finally a sleep in........No call to report to the bus with our dewises (devices) It was a great cruise but no holiday....... Now at terminal 5 Heathrow 4 pm Tuesday. I am sure we will love Istanbul when we get there. But right now its odd being in London and not in London......


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb