The last day already!


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Lapland
December 9th 2007
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry to the followers of the Blog, but the nearest PC was a bus journey away and the bus was only once an hour and it worked out quite expensive to do.

Since we last logged on, we have managed to try our hand at ski-ing, with Kira having a lesson on her own. We were quite content to muddle through ourselves, and Russ and Graham tried snow boarding. Russ decided it wasn't for him in the short time we had and went back to the skis, but Graham persevered. We bought a lift pass, and tried to frighten ourselves to death on some of the more challenging slopes. We all "wiped out" at least once on the way down! Kira did really well, and seemed to enjoy herself.

The cold weather at the beginning of the week meant that it was the "wrong sort of snow" for building a snow man. However, using the "stick it together in big lumps with water" technique, we were able to produce a very creditable effort which Kira helped make and dress. Russ even made a "snow elephant" which he had been promising Kira he would sculpt without its trunk falling off.

The weather has taken a turn for the warmer, and this has meant that we weren't able to go skating at all, as the lake was not frozen enough. We used the time to ski instead, and it is now perfect snowman and snowball weather.

Yesterday we went on a trip to Santa's Cottage. Kira was made an honourary elf for the day in return for helping Mrs Claus. Kira helped make biscuits and bread buns. Kiras bun was shaped like a butterfly, Graham plaited his, and Russ made a snail and a dough elephant! We gave Logan's letter and picture of Rudolf to Santa which he read and Kira had done a christmas tree picture and letter too. We all sang a Finnish carol (badly), and as a reward, Kira got a present which was a reindeer which she has named Arctic after the one we went on.

Today we have been snow mobiling, in wet and challenging conditions, which Kathryn managed to crash - no injuries sustained! Before we go home, we are going to go swimming.

See you all soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Kira and SantaKira and Santa
Kira and Santa

Santa reading Logan's letter


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb