Scout Christmas Breakup


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
December 13th 2005
Published: December 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Mandarin gameThe Mandarin gameThe Mandarin game

Lots of fun but messy

Tonight I went to the Scout group Break-up. All the sections were there and it was one big party. After opening parade we were given a number and split into tables ( I was on table 2). Each table got some Pebernødder (a little ginger biscuits about the size of your thumbnail) and were given tasks to complete. The first of which was to design and make a Christmas decoration to be used on the Christmas table we had 7 mins to do that. Then, each table had to select one person to play a game in which they tried to fit as many Pebernødder in their mouth as they could.

After this, we played the balloon game which was where there was a balloon tied to everyone’s ankle with string and the aim of the game was to stay in the game by not getting your balloon popped but popping everyone else’s so you were the last in. this was with the music going. When it got to the final five both me and my host sister Kathrin were still in so we made a truce and said we would work together to get everyone else out, then fight it out amongst ourselves for top position. Unfortunately the Leaders stopped the game when, there were three of us left, leaving us tied.

They then had a quiz and then we played the Mandarin game which involved us in teams of 6 and running up peeling and eating a mandarin and running back. After this we had a bottle of soft drink and abbeskewer (translates to apple pieces even though they there are no apple in them) which were balls which were cooked and tasted a bit like donuts with icing sugar and jam on the side which you dip the ball in. These were quite nice.

It was then time to say goodbye and we said a Danish scouting farewell. The Danish scouts are divided into three different scout organisations. Two are religious based Scouts and one which is non-religious and all are both combined scouts and guides. My host sisters belong to the Baptist Scouts and everyone I met at the break-up were really nice (except the three cub aged rascals who cornered me popped my balloon after I had won the balloon game).



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

AbbeskewerAbbeskewer
Abbeskewer

Normally comes on a plate with three but I forgot to take a photo before I ate the first two (Yum)
A glass soft drink bottleA glass soft drink bottle
A glass soft drink bottle

Yes, you read right a glass .25 L bottle. A rare thing to us Aussies but, so common here in Denmark, that I have had to learn how to use a bottle opener :)


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb