Mou School


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
December 12th 2005
Published: December 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lucia @ The Lutherin ChurchLucia @ The Lutherin ChurchLucia @ The Lutherin Church

I am disapointed that all the images came out with red eyes... and that you cannot see the amazing light from the candles here (I had to have it on automatic or the image came out blury )

Today I went with Karin to Mou School (as it would be called in English.) we carpooled and seeing the lights of the city from one of the hills was a highlight of my six am start. Mou is a little town about half an hour outside Aalborg. They have students from prep to year 9 at the school and Karin teaches year 6 students. Karin got me to tell them about Australia. They had a project on Australian Animals. Also the girls were practicing for their own Lucia concert tomorrow, so my job was to keep the boys occupied while the girls practiced. So the boys and I played celebrity heads and other games. After school ended, Karin had a few meeting after school so I went on the internet for a while before we headed back to Aalborg..

Tonight Kathrin was in another concert this time, a Luciaconcert Sofie ( one of the girls I had met at Christian’s 18th) was there and said she is still happy to have me come and visit her at Gymnasium the week after Christmas. There were three choirs performing one of young kids, another which was a school choir and
Lucia @ The Lutherin Church cont.Lucia @ The Lutherin Church cont.Lucia @ The Lutherin Church cont.

I'm Glad Have managed to make some small clips of this..
the third which was a church choir ( to which Kathrin belongs. Each performed a few songs before the church choir and the School choir combined and performed a Lucia (ceremony thing, which was very incredible and beautiful to see and hear) Kathrin later told me that to get picked to be the Lucia bride for the concert you had to be a soprano as well as the rest of the things generally wanted in a Lucia bride. The concert went extremely well and I have taken some pictures of it (the video camera was not charged up.).

Tomorrow is the official day of the Lucia Concert so it will be broadcast from Sweden. Karin’s class are also performing so that should be nice first thing tomorrow…



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

One Step at a TimeOne Step at a Time
One Step at a Time

This procession takes a few minutes because they take one step in unison then stop.
Lucia cont...Lucia cont...
Lucia cont...

Lucia bride up in the middle
At the EndAt the End
At the End

Lucia bride the last to leave


16th December 2005

Celebrity heads is a great game - nice idea kiddo! Did you know that Lucia is also a girl's name? A friend of mine recently had a baby and called her Lucia! Great to hear of you fun Melinda - God bless, love Michelle
17th December 2005

Sounds wonderful would love to see some photos

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb