Day 4


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Odense
May 18th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up in the morning and visisted the Roskilde Museum, which told all about the town's history. We stopped by the Bishop's Palace which was a very bright yellow building with orange roofs and a gravel courtyard. We were told that the Roskilde Domkirke opened at 12:30, but the sign outside said it did not open until 1, so Mom and I decided to skip it and head on to Odense. We made a stop along the way at the Lejre Forsogcenter, which is a replica of a really old town. It reminded me of colonial Williamsburg because they had blacksmith demonstrations, as well as demonstrations on how to make a canoe out of a log. I slept in the car ride on the way to Odense and wok up just in time to help Mom find the Hotel Domir. This was one of my favorite places that we stayed, because it included a very nice breakfast buffet and is located very centrally. We walked the pedestrian streets that night and ended up eating at the Oriental Barbecue Buffet, which included an all-you-can-eat sushi bar. Yummy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb