Parting is such sweet sorrow


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland » Valby
August 16th 2016
Published: August 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saying goodbye isn't easySaying goodbye isn't easySaying goodbye isn't easy

Not everyone is happy!
Unfortunately all good things come to an end eventually and by Friday 12 August our turn had come to leave Copenhagen. By the same token I'm extremely grateful for the fact that we're able to make regular visits to our darling daughter Katherine, her partner Thomas and those three gorgeous granddaughters of ours - Sienna, Evie and Isabella. Also that they too are able to return to Sydney at least twice a year. So we really have nothing to complain about although that doesn't make parting any easier when the time eventually comes.

We'd spent our time in CPH in a lovely two bedroomed apartment, booked through Airbnb, which was around a one klm walk from where Katherine, Thomas and the girls live which was extremely convenient for us. Come Friday we were madly packing and tidying up the apartment before Thomas collected us, and our three suitcases, to take us to their place for a final goodbye.

After those final cuddles, Thomas took us to CPH airport which was SO busy; it was as those half of the city was leaving! Before long though we were winging our way home, arriving in Sydney at 5.10am, Sunday 14 August. Once home two kookaburras called to us from a tree in our back garden. We knew we were back home!

Thanks Katherine, Thomas and the girls for welcoming us so warmly and for the fun times we had. It was a great experience to be with Evie on her first day of school, to meet the school principal, Evie's teacher and other parents and their children; what a privilege. Thanks too to everyone else we met and were lucky enough to spend time with, especially Ingrid. We love you all and can't wait to get our hands on you once more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



17th August 2016

Good visit
Pleased you enjoyed your hols in Europe. Denmark looks a good place to visit and not so far for us in the UK. Hope you are settled back in Sydney and getting over the jet lag!
17th August 2016

Good visit indeed!
You're obviously back from your cruise which I've no doubt you enjoyed. Do let me know when you decide to go to CPH as you must meet up with Katherine and the gang! M xx
17th August 2016

"The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again" ( Charles Dickens)
Ah Michelle - I'm getting to understand that "sweet sorrow" feeling. Sorry we missed you this time in the UK but happy you had such a great trip ! Love Rachel x
17th August 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow
It's true what Charles Dickens said - thanks for finding a suitable quote. We're really looking forward to meeting you again in the flesh. Love to all, M xx
17th August 2016

Kookaburras
What a welcome home. I read; don't know where or when, the kookaburra is related to the kingfisher? They certainly have similarities, except for that squawk!
17th August 2016

Kookaburras
I think you're right about them being related to kingfishers.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb